woensdag 1 juli 2020

The Foss Legacy 1.0


Since I started playing Sims 4 a couple of weeks ago (I know, late to the party as always) I felt like it lacked some challenge. I just played my unofficial name game to get to know the game, but I didn't feel motivated to explore the entire game for some reason. I read the most amazing Sims 4 stories and challenges and I kept thinking: I want that, too! I just purchased all of the expansion packs except for Eco Lifestyle, and also some stuff packs. So please, bear with me as I'm trying to get to know Sims 4!
I don't have any custom content in my game (yet), but I have MCCC and slightly altered the life span with it.

First, the succession law of this legacy:
Gender law: Equality
Bloodline law: Traditional
Heir law: Random*
Species law: Tolerant
* Random isn't really random, as I like to choose the heir myself but didn't know which option that was.

Without further ado, let's meet our founder!

There she is, just moved to her 40x30 lot in Sulani (I was afraid my laptop couldn’t handle a 50x50, so I cheated her money away until she had 1,800 left), ready to start this brand new Legacy Challenge: Poppy Foss. Her traits are Outgoing, Creative and Art Lover, her aspiration is Painter Extraordinaire - I thought painting would make sense for our founder.


And here’s her little shed, that left her with only 25 Simoleons. By now, I’m already regretting not buying her an easel, because how is she ever going to paint without one?!


But then... I noticed there was actually an easel on the island, very close to her house - if you can call it that! Yay, I love Sulani already! Too bad she doesn’t have money for a canvas yet.


She then decides to just go for a swim.


When she is done swimming, Poppy starts looking for a job. She finds one in the painter career - how fitting.


As I have no idea how to make quick money in Sims 4, I just let her comb the beach and sell everything she finds.


She can at least start painting now. And she is still painting when the sun sets - which is absolutely gorgeous. Her painting sucks though, but hey, she is just starting out!

While having an easy dinner, she spots Jackson Miller walking by (he’s a LegacyLove I created myself and he’s on the gallery, just like Poppy: FunkyFreshSims). As I think it’s never too early for spouse hunting, they chatted for a bit.


I read in other stories that staring at the clouds would up their relationship very quickly, and I wasn’t disappointed. They became friends in no time at all.


The next day after work, the weather isn’t that good. But Poppy goes out to paint anyway - she really needs the money, so she has to shake off the uncomfortable feeling. It helps her reach her first aspiration milestone, and selling all those paintings make her a one star celebrity. That’s something I didn’t intend to do, but it might come in handy later.


The next morning, she invites Jackson over. She waits for him on the swingset. He doesn't make it in time before she had to go to work, though. Or actually: I was waiting for him to show up where Poppy was, but he went to her house and I noticed that a little too late. Oh well, after work there's plenty of time left.


Promotion! Poppy is now at level 2 of the Painter career and she got a bonus, which is great. I’m not going to spend it on the house right away though.


She visits the beach, together with Jackson of course. I was hoping there was a barbecue or something and another Sim would make a meal, because Poppy is already tired of the quick meals and I don’t want to spend money on better food. They build a sand castle while waiting for someone else to start grilling.


Hey look, it’s Ridge Davis. He’s Jackson’s roommate and actually was my other spouse option.


I let Poppy greet him anyway, even though she and Jackson are friends already. It’s nice to have options and I really like Ridge, too. I randomized their traits though so I’m not sure what they are and which guy is a better pick. Poor Jackson keeps building their sand castle while Poppy is judging who would be the better husband.


“I am!” I’m sorry Ridge, I’m not sure yet. Your Cheerful trait Poppy just discovered is actually giving you a small advantage, but Jackson is Ambitious and I think that is also useful at the start of a legacy challenge. 


No one autonomously starts grilling, so when Poppy gets hungry I let her make some hotdogs, as that’s the cheapest option. After having a decent meal for the first time in this challenge, she heads home.


It’s time to make a decision. The next day, after work, Poppy visits Jackson and Ridge. She tries to figure out all of their traits before deciding who should be the first generation spouse.


Poppy figures out all of their traits: Jackson is Hot-headed, Erratic and Ambitious. Ridge is Romantic, Goofball and Cheerful. I guess this makes deciding much easier.



Ladies and gentlemen, our pick for the first generation spouse: Ridge Davis!


Her flirty and inspired mood helps getting Poppy another promotion the next day. She actually has enough money to expand the house a bit now, so time to take the next step.


She takes Ridge on a date. They’re having a lot of fun and by the end of the date, they’re in a relationship. Too bad it’s very late and Poppy really needs to go home to get some sleep before work, as I was actually planning on having them move in together.

The next day after work, Ridge invites her on another date. It’s actually Love Day so that’s a great coincidence. They go to some club I never visited yet. Poppy is desperate for some fun, but Ridge actually having fun is annoying her.


The best way to raise the fun seems to be WooHooing in the closet. Alright then!


After their great date, Poppy asks Ridge to move in with her. He accepts. His aspiration is Computer Whiz, too bad they don’t have enough money to buy a computer yet.

...or at least, that’s what I thought! After expanding the house and buying some more secondhand furniture (I just noticed I forgot to take a picture, but you'll see it eventually), they actually had enough money left for the cheapest and oldest computer I could find. So Ridge can start working on his aspiration! He immediately finds a job in the Tech Guru career.


And it seems like that’s a good thing, as they are expecting generation 2!


Poppy still needs to go outside to paint, but as long as the weather is good, that’s no problem. She’ll probably get her own easel in one of the upcoming house expansions, but first they really need to save for the baby stuff.


The pregnancy is a bit hard on her, but she gets promoted anyway.


Their is some love-related festival in town, and after drinking a special kind of tea, Poppy proposes to Ridge!


Despite I was actually thinking about a well-planned proposal during sunset in their home town Sulani, I really liked this. There will be 9 more generations who can propose on the beach anyway.



And well, one thing led to another.


Mr. and Mrs. Foss!


Oh look, it’s Jackson coming over for a visit. Poppy is too busy painting.


Ridge quickly reaches his first aspiration milestone. So far, this challenge is going great! Too bad he needs 3,000 worth of electronics for his next milestone; that’s not going to happen anytime soon.


It’s time! Generation 2 is on its way! I can't believe we're already at this point, things are really progressing quickly.


They go to the hospital, where Ridge is totally freaking out.


He seem to be quite angry at the receptionist, who is taking her time checking them in.


He’s actually the first Sim I’ve ever seen to actually stay close to his wife during labour.


To be continued... :-)

Score:
Family points: 1
Love points: 1
Points total: 2

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten