zaterdag 16 mei 2020

Crimson Falls BACC - Week 10: Taxes & stats


By the end of the 10th rotation, I thought it would be nice to share some stats about Crimson Falls with you! Just a little reminder: English isn't my native language ;-) But I'll try my best.

But first, time so subtract the taxes for round 10 and see if we have unlocked another university. These are the amounts of money every household could pay:

Taxes
Crimson: 90,000
Dorrestein: 9,000
Van der Storm: 13,000
Van der Voeten: 60,000
Farijs: 0
Plaatsjes: 0
Dorrestein II: 17,000
Kosmoskus: 10,000
Rossi: 100,000
Crimson II: 50,000
Crimson III: 240,000
Philips: 35,000
Mauve: 65,000
Dorrestein III: 120,000
Mauve II: 20,000
Lillig II: 60,000
Wilson: 0
Peerik: 110,000
Petal: 20,000
Easton: 0
Bell: 0
Van der Voeten: 80,000
Schol: 70,000
--------------------------------
Total: §1,169,000

That means we've unlocked another university! +5 for the Sim Multiplier, which is now 36. With 128 playable Sims + 10 graves, it brings our population to 4,968. As we already had §120,000 taxes left from previous rotation, we're already on our way to earning another uni: we have now §289,000 in collected taxes for the next university.


Stats
As I really like keeping track of a lot, here are some statistics about the current population.
At the start of the 11th rotation, there are 5 babies, 20 toddlers, 20 children, 7 teens, 18 young adults, 47 adults and 11 elders in Crimson Falls. 5 Sims are visibly pregnant, and some more are in their first trimester but I won't spoil the surprises ;-)

From the current living population, 54% is female while 46% is male. The knowledge aspiration is represented best: by a whopping 41% of the playable Sims (teen and older). Family is a good second, with 36%. Fortune is represented by 25% of the Sims, while Popularity is good for 21% of the population. My least favourite aspirations aren't very widely spread: there is 10% Pleasure Sims and 3% Romance Sims.


Fun facts
- Our founder, Lucas Crimson, has 18 grandchildren (of which 14 are biological). Only 6 of these grandchildren are boys, the other 12 are girls!

- There are currently 6 aliens in Crimson Falls who are the direct result of abduction, yet some of their children also have a green skin.

- The most complicated family tree must be Simon Dorrestein's. He has eight children with four different women: Hunter, Ryder, Harper and Parker with his ex-wife Ellie Kosmoskus, Laurie with Marsha Rossi, Ezra with Cecily Mauve and Vida and Otis with his current girlfriend Anne Cooper.

- The female Sim with most children from different partners is a little less impressive than Simon, but still: Marsha Bruinig has three children with three different men: Laurie with Simon Dorrestein, Josie with Philip Crimson and Abbie with her current husband Tako Rossi.

- There are currently 4 gay couples in Crimson Falls (Sarabel and Maaike Farijs, Jonathan and Jack Philips, Laia Schol and Sophia van der Voeten, Tracy Lillig and Josephine Plaatsjes), and one throuple (Hunter Dorrestein, Jolie Farijs and Derek van 't Haar).

- There are eleven sets of twins born in Crimson Falls.


Changes for week 11
For week 11 and on, I'm going to make some minor changes to make my gameplay more fun and updating easier. I'll share my plans below.

I will try to even the aspirations out a bit more. As I really don't like Pleasure and Romance Sims, I adjusted my calculation for that.
For every child aging into a teen, I will roll a 10-sided dice:
1, 2 - Family
3, 4 - Knowledge
5, 6 - Popularity
7, 8 - Fortune
9 - Romance
10 - Pleasure
For their secondary aspiration, I roll a 6-sided dice so every aspiration should be evenly represented there. If the secondary aspiration I roll is the same as the primary aspiration, it will be Grilled Cheese.

I have also made a calculation to decide whether or not a couple will stay together. I implemented that a couple of rounds ago, but I kind of forgot about it over the last rotation. I'm going to use that too, so not every couple is a happily ever after.

I'm trying to make my updates a bit smaller, with less text, and let te pictures speak for themselves a bit more. I hope that will make updating easier for me, so I won't play too far along.

Starting next update, together with the short summary of the previous week, I will share a list of residents of the current household (probably with portraits/family tree, I'll have to look into that a bit more). That way, it's easier for you to remember who's who.

I'm also examining if I can use some random occurence scenarios, but for now I'm a bit hesitant as I really like to be the one in control :-)

From round 11 and on, the requirements to enroll in university are going to be higher. For round 11 I have 18 Sims in uni, which means 3 households to play in uni. As I dislike playing university, this isn't much fun for me. I'm still working on the requirements, but it's going to be a maximum of 8 Sims going to uni at the same time so I can just play one household. I might implement some kind of 'online university,' which teen Sims can use to get a degree without going to uni. I read about it on the Boolprop forum and I think it's a nice solution for me. It will cost them a vast amount of money to do so, because I don't want it to feel like cheating.

Last but not least, I'm going to focus more on the BACC goal: getting that multiplier up. I tend to forget about that while playing all those family lives, but the challenge is getting a bit overwhelming so I need to get some grip on it.


So, that's it for now! I can't wait to get started on week 11, so stay tuned!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten